Posted by Tamia on 12/11/2018
to Recommended Products
Washing and Conditioning
- Shampoo and Condition hair once a week to help rid extensions of any product buildup.
- Condition wash (Co Wash) when you feel hair is in need of extra moisture or if you need an additional wash after the shampoo/condition wash.
- Use a wide tooth comb or Wet brush after washing your hair to detangle.
- Let air dry whenever possible as heat is damaging. Less use of heat results in longer lasting extensions.
- Use a sulfate free or alcohol free moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (Shea Moisture, Garnier Fructis)
- Try washing and conditioning with warm water and rinsing with cool water to help lock in moisture. Since extensions have been cut from the original cuticle maintaining moisture is extremely critical.
- Use a dry shampoo if you are a day or two away from wash day and need to rid your extensions of excess oil. (Batiste is an excellent choice)